21-22 Nov. 2018 – Al-Razi University
The first Scientific Conference for Drugs Safety was conducted at Al-Razi University venue. More than 17 researcher papers and articles were presented during the two days of the conference. An exhibition of the pharmaceutical manufactures were displayed in the margins of the conference. The Prime Minister, Prof . Abdlulaziz Bin Habtoor opened the conference and cut the strip of the exhibition to initiate the conference.
Two days were full of activities and presentations to discuss the participated research papers. A number of visitors from different institutions attended the conference. Many talks and debates were held to enrich the topic of the drugs safety.
The conference concluded with several recommendations as follows:
Recommend the application of quality control, availability and bioequivalence tests or their possible alternatives.
- Enhance the commitment of Yemeni pharmaceutical factories to the standards of manufacturing, storage and good transport of medicines.
- Enhance the role of drug importers in the storage and good transport of medicines.
- Enhance the role of doctors and pharmacists in the description and safety of medicines
- Enhance the role of nurses to provide security for medicines
- Emphasize the importance of understanding the principles of pharmacological safety within academic courses in pharmacy programs
- Incorporate drug safety research into scientific research strategies
- Develop the role of society to achieve drug safety.
- Enhance the role of clinical pharmacology in pharmacological safety.
- Improve the role of pharmaceutical legislation in ensuring a safe and effective drug
- Emphasize the role of academic institutions and scientific research in drug safety.
- Emphasize the optimal use of medicinal plants to produce safe and effective drug free of side effects.